Great Northern Bean Chili Recipe
Seven ingredients makes this mild version of a Southwestern chicken chili. I like to add a dash of hot sauce and some sour cream on top, and serve it with tortilla chips. It's a great alternative to traditional chili.—mamesmom, Taste of Home Online Community
- 2 pounds boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 jar (48 ounces) great northern beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 jar (16 ounces) salsa
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) chicken broth
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin, optional
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- In a large skillet, brown chicken in oil. In a 4- or 5-qt. slow cooker, combine the beans, salsa, broth, cumin if desired and chicken. Cover and cook on low for 4-6 hours or until chicken is tender. Serve with cheese. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Great Northern Bean Chili in Taste of Home Everyday Slow Cooker & One Dish Recipes Annual 2009, p7
Reviews for Great Northern Bean Chili
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Feb. 4, 2013
"I make this all the time. My 14 year old son loves it. I also mix the cheese in while cooking, and server it with tortilla chips"
Reviewed Oct. 31, 2011
"I make this all the time, but I include the cheese while it is cooking. Great tasting chili."