Seven ingredients makes this mild version of a Southwestern chicken chili. I like to add a dash of hot sauce and some sour cream on top, and serve it with tortilla chips. It's a great alternative to traditional chili.—mamesmom, Taste of Home Online Community
- 2 pounds boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 jar (48 ounces) great northern beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 jar (16 ounces) salsa
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) chicken broth
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin, optional
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- In a large skillet, brown chicken in oil. In a 4- or 5-qt. slow cooker, combine the beans, salsa, broth, cumin if desired and chicken. Cover and cook on low for 4-6 hours or until chicken is tender. Serve with cheese. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Great Northern Bean Chili in Taste of Home Everyday Slow Cooker & One Dish Recipes Annual 2009, p7
Reviews for Great Northern Bean Chili
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Feb. 4, 2013
"I make this all the time. My 14 year old son loves it. I also mix the cheese in while cooking, and server it with tortilla chips"
Reviewed Oct. 31, 2011
"I make this all the time, but I include the cheese while it is cooking. Great tasting chili."