- 2 cups old-fashioned oats
- 1/2 cup chopped almonds
- 1/2 cup salted pumpkin seeds or pepitas
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- 1/4 cup chopped pecans
- 1/4 cup sesame seeds
- 1/4 cup sunflower kernels
- 1/3 cup honey
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons toasted wheat germ
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 package (7 ounces) dried fruit bits
- In a large bowl, combine the first seven ingredients; set aside.
- In a small saucepan, combine the honey, brown sugar, syrup, wheat germ, oil and cinnamon. Cook and stir over medium heat for 4-5 minutes or until smooth. Remove from the heat; stir in vanilla. Pour over the oat mixture and toss to coat.
- Transfer to a greased 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan. Bake at 350° for 22-27 minutes or until golden brown, stirring occasionally. Cool completely on a wire rack. Stir in fruit bits. Store in an airtight container. Yield: 7 cups.
Reviews for Great Granola
Sort By :
"Fantastic recipe and easy to make. Everytime I make it for someone who has not tasted it before, they want the recipe. The ingredients can be pricey, but if bought in bulk can make a lot! Make this recipe all the time!"
"I make several food baskets to give at Christmas time and included this granola this past Christmas. EVERYONE absolutely loved this granola and asked for, not only the recipe, but for me to make more for them!!! For the dried fruits, I used bulk instead of buying the packaged mix. I used dried cranberries, strawberries, blueberrys & bananas. The fruit was the only deviation from the original recipe."