- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 3/4 cup seasoned bread crumbs
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 teaspoon each dried basil, oregano and parsley flakes
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 pound lean ground turkey
- 1 pound lean ground beef (90% lean)
- Hot cooked pasta and pasta sauce, optional
- Preheat oven to 375°. In a small skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat. Add onion; cook and stir 3-4 minutes or until tender. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Cool slightly.
- In a large bowl, combine bread crumbs, cheese, eggs, seasonings and onion mixture. Add turkey and beef; mix lightly but thoroughly. Shape into 1-1/2-in. balls.
- Place meatballs on a rack coated with cooking spray in a 15x10x1-in. baking pan. Bake 18-22 minutes or until lightly browned and cooked through. If desired, serve with pasta and pasta sauce. Yield: 8 servings.
Reviews for Great-Grandma's Italian Meatballs
"I liked these but my family didn't so much. They pretty much gave them a six out of ten in ranking. I like that they are made with turkey, but my husband felt they were dry"
"This recipe was right up my alley! I love lightening up a dish! You would not really know that the meatballs were not all beef! I served them with my roasted vegetable sauce. Will definitely make again!"
"I added in a little of the pasta sauce when making the meatballs,this way they stay nice and juicy and don't dry out during baking ,also added a little more cheese"