- 2-2/3 cups all-purpose flour
- 4 teaspoons baking soda
- Pinch salt
- 1 cup hot water
- 2/3 cup molasses
- 4 cups fresh or frozen cranberries
- 2/3 cup chopped walnuts, toasted
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 teaspoons all-purpose flour
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 cup butter, cubed
- Grease and flour a 10-in. fluted tube pan. In a large bowl, whisk flour, baking soda and salt. In another bowl, whisk hot water and molasses until blended. Add to flour mixture; stir just until moistened. Fold in cranberries and walnuts. Transfer to prepared pan; cover with foil.
- Place tube pan on a rack in a large roasting pan; add 2 in. of hot water. Bring water to a gentle boil; cover pot and steam cake 1-1/2 to 1-3/4 hours or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean; add additional water to pot as needed. Remove pudding from pot; let stand 15 minutes before removing to a serving plate.
- Meanwhile, in a large saucepan, mix sugar and flour until blended; stir in cream. Add butter; bring mixture to a rolling boil, stirring occasionally. Cool slightly. Serve with warm or room temperature pudding. Yield: 12 servings.
Originally published as Great Gramma's Steamed Pudding in Taste of Home Christmas Annual Annual 2015, p134
Reviews for Great Gramma's Steamed Pudding
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review