- In a large bowl, combine the mushrooms, oats, mozzarella cheese,
- cheddar cheese and onion. In a blender, process cottage cheese and
- egg substitute until smooth; add to the mushroom mixture. Stir in
- the parsley, salt, basil, celery seed and chilled rice mixture.
- Shape 1/2 cupfuls into patties.
- In a large nonstick skillet, cook four patties in 1 teaspoon oil for
- 5 minutes on each side or until lightly browned and crisp. Repeat
- with remaining patties and oil. Serve on rolls with lettuce and
- tomato if desired. Yield: 12 servings.
Nutritional Facts: One cooked patty equals 126 calories, 4 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 8 mg cholesterol, 286 mg sodium, 15 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 7 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 starch, 1 lean meat.
This recipe pairs well with a medium red wine.: Taste of Home Special Offer: Enjoy this recipe with Santa Margherita Chianti Classico Reserva Italy 2009
. Initial tastes of fruits and spice move to herbal notes for a long smooth finish. Buy now and get 3 bottles for $49.99. Order Now