I jazz up zucchini, yellow squash and tomato with cheese and seasonings. The no-fuss skillet side dish is perfect for using summer's bounty. Plus, the veggies are great alongside grilled chicken, fish and most other warm-weather fare.—Chris Schmidt, Clarksville, Tennessee
- 1 medium zucchini, cut into 1/4-inch slices
- 1 medium yellow summer squash, cut into 1/4-inch slices
- 1/4 cup sliced onion
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 medium tomato, cut into wedges
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/4 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- In a large skillet, saute the zucchini, yellow squash and onion in butter until crisp tender. Add the tomato, salt, garlic salt, basil and pepper. Cook 2-3 minutes longer or until heated through. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Great Garden Veggies in Quick Cooking July/August 2004, p6
Reviews for Great Garden Veggies
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Aug. 27, 2011
"This side dish makes perfect use of the garden's bounty. I tried it for the first time this past week, and will definitely be making this again. It was easy and had a very nice fresh flavor."