Great Garden Veggies Recipe
I jazz up zucchini, yellow squash and tomato with cheese and seasonings. The no-fuss skillet side dish is perfect for using summer's bounty. Plus, the veggies are great alongside grilled chicken, fish and most other warm-weather fare.—Chris Schmidt, Clarksville, Tennessee
- 1 medium zucchini, cut into 1/4-inch slices
- 1 medium yellow summer squash, cut into 1/4-inch slices
- 1/4 cup sliced onion
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 medium tomato, cut into wedges
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/4 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- In a large skillet, saute the zucchini, yellow squash and onion in butter until crisp tender. Add the tomato, salt, garlic salt, basil and pepper. Cook 2-3 minutes longer or until heated through. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Great Garden Veggies in Quick Cooking July/August 2004, p6
Reviews for Great Garden Veggies
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Aug. 27, 2011
"This side dish makes perfect use of the garden's bounty. I tried it for the first time this past week, and will definitely be making this again. It was easy and had a very nice fresh flavor."