Great American Brownie Pie Recipe
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 tablespoons corn syrup
- 1-1/2 teaspoons almond extract
- 2/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup baking cocoa
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/3 cup chopped maraschino cherries
- 1/3 cup coarsely chopped almonds
- 1 cup white baking chips
- Whipped topping and maraschino cherries with stems, optional
- 1. In a small bowl, cream butter and sugar. Add the eggs, corn syrup and extract; mix well. Combine the flour, cocoa and baking powder. Add to creamed mixture and mix well. Drain chopped cherries on paper towels. Fold the cherries, almonds and chips into batter.
- 2. Transfer to a greased and floured 9-in. pie plate. Bake at 325° for 30-35 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool on a wire rack. Garnish with whipped topping and cherries if desired. Yield: 8 servings.
1 piece (calculated without whipped topping and optional cherries) equals 418 calories, 23 g fat (12 g saturated fat), 86 mg cholesterol, 138 mg sodium, 50 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 6 g protein.