- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 tablespoons corn syrup
- 1-1/2 teaspoons almond extract
- 2/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup baking cocoa
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/3 cup chopped maraschino cherries
- 1/3 cup coarsely chopped almonds
- 1 cup white baking chips
- Whipped topping and maraschino cherries with stems, optional
- In a small bowl, cream butter and sugar. Add the eggs, corn syrup and extract; mix well. Combine the flour, cocoa and baking powder. Add to creamed mixture and mix well. Drain chopped cherries on paper towels. Fold the cherries, almonds and chips into batter.
- Transfer to a greased and floured 9-in. pie plate. Bake at 325° for 30-35 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool on a wire rack. Garnish with whipped topping and cherries if desired. Yield: 8 servings.
Reviews for Great American Brownie Pie
Sort By :
liked the extra ingredients - cherries, chips, nuts - didn't care for the texture, a little dry, so i served it with a dab of raspberry sauce.
I have not made this recipe yet...I know, I know...BUT, people are saying these are not good brownies. Well, surprise!!! It is not a brownie recipe, but a BROWNIE PIE recipe!!! And, if you don't like all the sugar...then just don't make it! DUH!
Karo Corn Syrup is NOT High Fructose...this is my choice as it is not processed to that stage of high fructose.
mullenpm please just make your own recipe. this site continues to have rude comments about recipes and those who submit.
This recipe contains not only sugar but high fructos corn syrup. Outrageous. A good brownie recipe does not need all that sugar.
More Recipe Collections
- Chocolate Recipes >
- Comfort Food Desserts >
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Desserts >
- Father's Day Desserts >