Grated Potato Salad
Mom's creamy combination of chopped hard-cooked eggs and grated potatoes is both smooth and chunky. The dressing coats the salad nicely.
8-10 ServingsPrep: 15 min. + chilling
- 6 cups grated peeled cooked potatoes
- 6 hard-cooked eggs, chopped
- 1 celery rib, chopped
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 2 teaspoons prepared mustard
- In a large bowl, combine potatoes, eggs and celery. In a small bowl,
- whisk the mayonnaise, sugar, milk, vinegar, salt and mustard. Pour
- over potato mixture; stir until combined. Cover and refrigerate for
- 4 hours. Yield: 8-10 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1/2 cup) equals 351 calories, 21 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 136 mg cholesterol, 180 mg sodium, 35 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 6 g protein.