Grasshopper Pie Recipe
- 2 packages (3 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
- 1 can (14 ounces) sweetened condensed milk
- 15 drops green food coloring
- 24 chocolate-covered mint cookies, divided
- 2 cups whipped topping
- 1 chocolate crumb crust (8 inches)
- 1. In a large bowl, beat the cream cheese until fluffy. Gradually beat in milk until smooth. Beat in the food coloring. Coarsely crush 16 cookies; stir into the cream cheese mixture. Fold in whipped topping. Spoon into the crust. Cover and freeze overnight. Remove from the freezer 15 minutes before serving. Garnish with remaining cookies. Yield: 8 servings.
1 piece: 357 calories, 16g fat (11g saturated fat), 29mg cholesterol, 151mg sodium, 46g carbohydrate (38g sugars, 1g fiber), 6g protein .
Reviews for Grasshopper Pie
"Really easy to make and tasted delicious!!!!!! This was the perfect cool treat on a hot day! I couldn't find a pack of 24 mint-choccolate cookies at our grocery store and instead bought a 15 cookie pack and just skipped putting the cookies on the top. I also substituted 2 cups of whipped cream for the whipped topping and it was divine!!! We will be making this again!"
"This was very easy to make and it tastes delicious! I only used an 8 oz container of whipped topping and I still couldn't fit the whole filling into the crust. I also used Girl Scout thin mint cookies. Would definitely make this again."
"Quick to make and very tasty. I crushed some extra cookies and sprinkled them on top."
"I made this for Christmas, and everyone LOVED it! The recipe actally filled TWO 9" pie pans easily."