I only need six ingredients to whip up this fluffy and refreshing grasshopper pie. I usually make two of the minty treats for our family, since we're never satisfied with just one slice. —LouCinda Zacharias, Spooner, Wisconsin
- 2 packages (3 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
- 1 can (14 ounces) sweetened condensed milk
- 15 drops green food coloring
- 24 chocolate-covered mint cookies, divided
- 2 cups whipped topping
- 1 chocolate crumb crust (8 inches)
- In a large bowl, beat the cream cheese until fluffy. Gradually beat in milk until smooth. Beat in the food coloring. Coarsely crush 16 cookies; stir into the cream cheese mixture. Fold in whipped topping. Spoon into the crust. Cover and freeze overnight. Remove from the freezer 15 minutes before serving. Garnish with remaining cookies. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Grasshopper Pie in Quick Cooking March/April 2003, p20
Reviews for Grasshopper Pie
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review