- 1-1/2 cups cold milk
- 1 package (3.9 ounces) instant chocolate pudding mix
- 2-3/4 cups whipped topping, divided
- 1 package (4.67 ounces) mint Andes candies, chopped, divided
- 1 chocolate crumb crust (9 inches)
- 1/4 teaspoon mint extract
- 2 drops green food coloring, optional
- In a small bowl, whisk milk and pudding mix for 2 minutes. Let stand for 2 minutes or until soft-set. Fold in 3/4 cup whipped topping. Fold in 3/4 cup candies. Spoon into crust.
- In another bowl, combine extract and remaining whipped topping; add food coloring if desired. Spread over pudding layer; sprinkle with remaining candies. Cover and refrigerate for 4 hours or until set. Yield: 8 servings.
Reviews for Grasshopper Pie(38)
Sort By :
Wonderful! Very easy to make. The hardest part was unwrapping the Andes mints. Tastes great. I keep getting requests for this recipe. Tasty and easy! Win-win!
This sounds great to me. I love anything mint. I threw some Andes mints in my chocolate chip cookie dough and they were gobbled up in 2 days.
I'm going to make this with a couple of changes.
I'm going to use the pudding/pie filling you cook for a thicker filling. I'm cutting the candies in half for less sweetness and I'm going to make a Mint Milan o cookie crust.
Thanks for the recipe :)
I have made this Pie every Thanksgiving for the last 2 years and it is always one of the first to be eaten.
This pie is great. All of us love it!!
Thank you for sharing it.
very easy to make a great dessert for St. Patricks Day. We used 1 small box of instant choc pudding and made according to the directions on the package. Crushed the candies pretty finely. The green food coloring was added for st. pat's day. everyone liked it. Didn't have any problems with the pie setting.
More Recipe Collections
- Chocolate Pie Recipes >
- Chocolate Recipes >
- Christmas Desserts >
- Christmas Recipes >
- Desserts >
- Easy Desserts >
- Father's Day Recipes >
- Irish Desserts >
- Irish Recipes >
- Jello Pudding Recipes >
- Pie Recipes >
- Quick Desserts >
- Quick Recipes >
- Simple Desserts >