Grasshopper Cheesecake Recipe
What do you get when you combine a popular mint-chocolate drink with a cheesecake? Pure delight! Garnish the top with piped whipped cream and cookie crumbs. —Marie Rizzio, Interlochen, Michigan
- 35 chocolate wafers, finely crushed (about 1-2/3 cups)
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1 tablespoon plus 3/4 cup sugar, divided
- 1 envelope unflavored gelatin
- 1/2 cup cold water
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1/3 cup green creme de menthe
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream, whipped
- 1. In a small bowl, combine the cookie crumbs, butter and 1 tablespoon sugar. Press half of mixture onto the bottom of a greased 9-in. springform pan. Refrigerate until chilled.
- 2. In a small saucepan, sprinkle gelatin over cold water; let stand for 1 minute. Heat over low heat, stirring until gelatin is completely dissolved. Cool.
- 3. In a large bowl, beat cream cheese and remaining sugar until fluffy. Gradually beat in gelatin mixture. Stir in creme de menthe. Set aside 1/2 cup whipped cream for garnish. Fold remaining whipped cream into cream cheese mixture.
- 4. Pour half of the filling over crust. Top with remaining crumb mixture, reserving 2 tablespoons for garnish. Pour remaining filling into pan; garnish with reserved whipped cream. Sprinkle with reserved crumbs. Chill until set. Remove sides of pan before slicing. Yield: 12 servings.
Reviews for Grasshopper Cheesecake
Reviewed Dec. 27, 2014
"Very easy to make and delicious. It was so light, great as a little treat after a big meal."
Reviewed May. 29, 2014
© 2017 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC