Grapefruit Spinach Salad Recipe
“My mother-in-law prepared this for us on a recent visit,” relates Lee Ann Odell of Boulder, Colorado. The fresh-tasting salad of spinach and grapefruit is nicely dressed with a sweet honey mixture. “The recipe is so easy to put together, and we never have any leftovers,” Lee Ann confirms.
- 1 medium pink grapefruit
- 1 package (10 ounces) fresh spinach, torn
- 2 tablespoons chopped green onion
- 2 teaspoons cider vinegar
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 2 teaspoons honey
- 2 teaspoons prepared mustard
- 1. Cut grapefruit in half; with a sharp knife, cut around each section to loosen fruit, reserving juice. In a salad bowl, toss the spinach, onion and grapefruit sections. In a jar with a tight-fitting lid, combine the vinegar, oil, honey, mustard and reserved grapefruit juice; shake well. Drizzle over salad and toss to coat. Serve immediately. Yield: 8 servings.
1 cup equals 35 calories, 1 g fat (trace saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 42 mg sodium, 6 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 1 g protein. Diabetic Exchange: 1 vegetable.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC