“My mother-in-law prepared this for us on a recent visit,” relates Lee Ann Odell of Boulder, Colorado. The fresh-tasting salad of spinach and grapefruit is nicely dressed with a sweet honey mixture. “The recipe is so easy to put together, and we never have any leftovers,” Lee Ann confirms.
- 1 medium pink grapefruit
- 1 package (10 ounces) fresh spinach, torn
- 2 tablespoons chopped green onion
- 2 teaspoons cider vinegar
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 2 teaspoons honey
- 2 teaspoons prepared mustard
- Cut grapefruit in half; with a sharp knife, cut around each section to loosen fruit, reserving juice. In a salad bowl, toss the spinach, onion and grapefruit sections. In a jar with a tight-fitting lid, combine the vinegar, oil, honey, mustard and reserved grapefruit juice; shake well. Drizzle over salad and toss to coat. Serve immediately. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Grapefruit Spinach Salad in Quick Cooking November/December 2005, p55
Reviews for Grapefruit Spinach Salad
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review