Grapefruit Shrimp Salad Recipe
- 1 head Bibb or Boston lettuce
- 1 large grapefruit, peeled and sectioned
- 1 medium ripe avocado, peeled and thinly sliced
- 1 pound cooked medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- CITRUS VINAIGRETTE:
- 2 tablespoons orange juice
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Place lettuce on four serving plates. Arrange the grapefruit, avocado and shrimp over lettuce. In a small bowl, whisk the vinaigrette ingredients. Drizzle over each salad. Yield: 4 servings.
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Grapefruit Shrimp Salad
Sort By :
I had grapefruit. I had shrimp. Thought I didn't much care for mixture of fruit and seafood but I made this, and WOW, it is the best salad I have ever made! Try it!
I did modify it a little. I used one container of the uns pink grapefruit sections (6.5 oz), 2 oz. chopped avocado, bibb lettuce, 4 oz shrimp (cooked,peeled/deviened) and mixed it with 2 TBl of ff poppy seed dressing. I've had it two days in a row. The combination is delicious plus by modifications came up with 31 carbs/11.25 fat/322 calories. Just delicious and so refreshing!! It's in the 90s here in Kentucky and this has been a great change of pace for my lunch at work.