Joanne Beaupre combines orange juice, red wine vinegar and Dijon mustard in the tangy dressing that perks up her seafood salad. "I had tried a similar salad at a restaurant," she writes from Manchester, Connecticut. "I adapted this version for a fun lunch to take to work. It always gets comments."
- 1 head Bibb or Boston lettuce
- 1 large grapefruit, peeled and sectioned
- 1 medium ripe avocado, peeled and thinly sliced
- 1 pound cooked medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- CITRUS VINAIGRETTE:
- 2 tablespoons orange juice
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Place lettuce on four serving plates. Arrange the grapefruit, avocado and shrimp over lettuce. In a small bowl, whisk the vinaigrette ingredients. Drizzle over each salad. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Grapefruit Shrimp Salad in Light & Tasty February/March 2004, p21
Reviews for Grapefruit Shrimp Salad
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review