Grapefruit Pork Salad Recipe
- 1/4 cup unsweetened grapefruit juice
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 2 teaspoons honey
- 1 teaspoon prepared mustard
- 1 teaspoon poppy seeds
- 1/8 plus 1/4 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1 pound pork tenderloin, julienned
- 1 bunch leaf lettuce, torn
- 1 medium grapefruit, peeled and sectioned
- 1 medium white grapefruit, peeled and sectioned
- 1-1/2 cups halved green grapes
- 1 cup quartered fresh strawberries
- 1. In a jar with a tight-fitting lid, combine the grapefruit juice, vinegar, oil, honey, mustard, poppy seeds and 1/8 teaspoon salt; shake well and set aside.
- 2. In a large nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray, stir-fry pork with remaining salt until no longer pink.
- 3. Place lettuce on a platter; top with warm pork. Arrange grapefruit, grapes and strawberries around pork. Shake dressing; drizzle over salad. Yield: 4 servings.
3/4 cup: 311 calories, 10g fat (2g saturated fat), 62mg cholesterol, 354mg sodium, 30g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 6g fiber), 28g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 1-1/2 fruit, 1 fat.
Reviews for Grapefruit Pork Salad
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.