Grapefruit Pie Recipe
Grapefruit may be a surprising pie filling, but this dessert has been a hit at our house for years. The marshmallows and coconut reduce some of the grapefruit's tartness.
- 32 large marshmallows
- 1/2 cup grapefruit juice, divided
- 3 large red grapefruit
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream, whipped
- 1 pastry shell (9 inches), baked
- 1/4 cup flaked coconut, toasted
- 1. In a heavy saucepan, combine the marshmallows and 1/4 cup grapefruit juice. Cook and stir over low heat until marshmallows are melted. Cool to room temperature.
- 2. Peel the grapefruit and cut into sections (about 2-1/2 cups). Stir the grapefruit, whipped cream and remaining grapefruit juice into marshmallow mixture. Pour into crust. Sprinkle with coconut. Refrigerate for 3 hours or until set. Yield: 6-8 servings.
1 serving (1 slice) equals 272 calories, 8 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 5 mg cholesterol, 121 mg sodium, 49 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 2 g protein.
Reviews for Grapefruit Pie
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC