Grapefruit Avocado Salad
Country Woman's Test Kitchen developed this pretty, refreshing salad, which pairs well with roasted meats and poultry. The avocado, red onion and garlic-mustard dressing complement the tart fruit beautifully.
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons orange juice
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Freshly ground pepper to taste
- Lettuce leaves
- 2 large red grapefruit, peeled and sectioned
- 1 small red onion, thinly sliced and separated into rings
- 1 medium ripe avocado, peeled and sliced
- In a small bowl, whisk the first seven ingredients. On four salad
- plates, arrange the lettuce, grapefruit, onion, and avocado. Drizzle
- with dressing. Yield: 4 servings.