Grape Turkey Salad Recipe
- 12 cups cubed cooked turkey breast
- 2 pounds green grapes, halved
- 5-1/4 cups diced celery
- 1 to 1-1/2 cups chopped pecans, toasted
- 3 green onions, sliced
- 2 cups mayonnaise
- 1-1/2 cups chicken broth
- 3/4 cup vinaigrette
- 1 tablespoon prepared mustard
- 1. In several large bowls, combine the turkey, grapes, celery, pecans and onions. In a large bowl, whisk the mayonnaise, broth, vinaigrette and mustard until smooth. Pour over turkey mixture and toss to coat.
- 2. Cover and chill for at least 4 hours before serving. Refrigerate leftovers. Yield: 20 servings (about 1 cup each).
1 cup (prepared with fat-free mayonnaise and 1 cup pecans) equals 232 calories, 8 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 75 mg cholesterol, 391 mg sodium, 14 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 27 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 1 fruit.
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.