Grape Tomato Mozzarella Salad
Linda Haas created this fuss-free recipe after tasting something similar on a cruise. It makes a speedy and summery, light bite at home in Tenmile, Oregon.
LINDA’S TIP: “To make it even lighter, use a fat-free Italian dressing.”
6 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 1/2 large sweet onion, thinly sliced
- 1 medium cucumber, sliced
- 2 cups grape tomatoes
- 1/2 cup loosely packed fresh basil leaves, sliced
- 4 ounces fresh mozzarella cheese, sliced
- 1/3 cup fat-free Italian salad dressing
- Arrange the onion, cucumber, tomatoes, basil and mozzarella on salad
- plates. Drizzle with dressing. Serve immediately. Yield: 6 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving equals 85 calories, 4 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 15 mg cholesterol, 224 mg sodium, 7 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 5 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 lean meat, 1 vegetable.