My husband, two daughters and I first enjoyed this refreshing treat at our friends' house. They graciously shared the recipe after we all raved about it. The sherbet is always popular at ice cream socials.
8 ServingsPrep: 5 min. Process: 20 min. + freezing
- 1-3/4 cups grape juice
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1-3/4 cups half-and-half cream
- In a large bowl, combine all the ingredients. Fill cylinder of ice
- cream freezer; freeze according to manufacturer's directions.
- Transfer sherbet freezer container, allowing headspace for
- expansion. Freeze 4 hours or until firm. Yield: 1 quart.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1/2 cup) equals 152 calories, 5 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 26 mg cholesterol, 30 mg sodium, 22 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 2 g protein.