- 1-1/2 cups halved seedless grapes
- 1 can (15-1/4 ounces) sliced pears, drained
- 1/2 cup plus 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon almond extract
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 cup cold butter, cubed
- 1/2 cup finely chopped walnuts
- In a bowl, combine the grapes, pears, 2 tablespoons flour and extract until blended. Spoon into a lightly greased 8-in. square baking dish. In another bowl, combine brown sugar, salt, cinnamon, nutmeg and remaining flour; cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Stir in walnuts; sprinkle over fruit. Bake at 375° for 30 minutes or until lightly browned. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Grape Pear Crisp in Quick Cooking September/October 1999, p44
Reviews for Grape Pear Crisp
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Apr. 10, 2010
"This is a nice twist from the usual apple or other fruit crisp. It's delicious served hot with ice cream on top!"