Grape Pear Crisp Recipe
You'll be pleasantly surprised by this unusual fruit combination shared by Donna Mosher from Augusta, Montana. "Over the years, we have enjoyed this dessert topped with whipped cream or ice cream. In fact, I've worn out the recipe card several times," Donna notes.
- 1-1/2 cups halved seedless grapes
- 1 can (15-1/4 ounces) sliced pears, drained
- 1/2 cup plus 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon almond extract
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 cup cold butter, cubed
- 1/2 cup finely chopped walnuts
- In a bowl, combine the grapes, pears, 2 tablespoons flour and extract until blended. Spoon into a lightly greased 8-in. square baking dish. In another bowl, combine brown sugar, salt, cinnamon, nutmeg and remaining flour; cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Stir in walnuts; sprinkle over fruit. Bake at 375° for 30 minutes or until lightly browned. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Grape Pear Crisp in Quick Cooking September/October 1999, p44
Reviews for Grape Pear Crisp
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Apr. 10, 2010
"This is a nice twist from the usual apple or other fruit crisp. It's delicious served hot with ice cream on top!"