Grape-Nuts Bread Recipe
- 1-2/3 cups water (70° to 80°)
- 3 tablespoons canola oil
- 4-1/2 teaspoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3-3/4 cups bread flour
- 3/4 cup Grape-Nuts cereal
- 1-1/2 teaspoons active dry yeast
- 1. In bread machine pan, place all ingredients in order suggested by manufacturer. Select basic bread setting. Choose crust color and loaf size if available.
- 2. Bake according to bread machine directions (check dough after 5 minutes of mixing; add 1 to 2 tablespoons of water or flour if needed.) Yield: 1 loaf (2 pounds, 16 slices).
1 slice: 142 calories, 3g fat (1g saturated fat), 0mg cholesterol, 181mg sodium, 26g carbohydrate (0g sugars, 1g fiber), 4g protein Diabetic Exchanges: 1 starch, 0 fat.
Reviews for Grape-Nuts Bread
"I've made this bread twice and we love it. It has a nice texture and great taste."