Grape-Nuts Bread Recipe
Debbie Hunt of Anthony, Kansas likes to add tasty Grape-Nuts cereal to this hearty loaf. "This moist bread is so easy that I make it at least twice a week," she says. "Once, I put it together in the middle of the night when I suddenly remembered that I didn't have any bread for breakfast."
- 1-2/3 cups water (70° to 80°)
- 3 tablespoons canola oil
- 4-1/2 teaspoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3-3/4 cups bread flour
- 3/4 cup Grape-Nuts cereal
- 1-1/2 teaspoons active dry yeast
- 1. In bread machine pan, place all ingredients in order suggested by manufacturer. Select basic bread setting. Choose crust color and loaf size if available.
- 2. Bake according to bread machine directions (check dough after 5 minutes of mixing; add 1 to 2 tablespoons of water or flour if needed.) Yield: 1 loaf (2 pounds, 16 slices).
1 slice: 142 calories, 3g fat (1g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 181mg sodium, 26g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 1g fiber), 4g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1-1/2 starch, 1/2 fat.
Reviews for Grape-Nuts Bread
© 2017 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC