Debbie Hunt of Anthony, Kansas likes to add tasty Grape-Nuts cereal to this hearty loaf. "This moist bread is so easy that I make it at least twice a week," she says. "Once, I put it together in the middle of the night when I suddenly remembered that I didn't have any bread for breakfast."
16 ServingsPrep: 10 min. Bake: 3 hours
- 1-2/3 cups water (70° to 80°)
- 3 tablespoons canola oil
- 4-1/2 teaspoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3-3/4 cups bread flour
- 3/4 cup Grape-Nuts cereal
- 1-1/2 teaspoons active dry yeast
- In bread machine pan, place all ingredients in order suggested by
- manufacturer. Select basic bread setting. Choose crust color and
- loaf size if available.
- Bake according to bread machine directions (check dough after 5
- minutes of mixing; add 1 to 2 tablespoons of water or flour if
- needed.) Yield: 1 loaf (2 pounds, 16 slices).
Nutritional Facts: One slice equals 142 calories, 3 g fat (trace saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 181 mg sodium, 26 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 4 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1-1/2 starch, 1/2 fat.