Grape Nectarine Dessert Cups
"This summery dessert is so refreshing after a heavy meal," notes Jeanette Oberholtzer of Manheim, Pennsylvania. Lemon-lime soda coats the fun fruit medley that's topped with a yummy scoop of pineapple sherbet. In winter, you can substitute frozen peaches for the nectarines.
10 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 10 min.
- 7 medium nectarines, peeled and sliced
- 2 cups green grapes
- 1 cup chilled lemon-lime soda
- 2-1/2 cups pineapple sherbet
- In a large bowl, combine nectarines and grapes; cover and refrigerate
- until chilled. Just before serving, pour soda over fruit. Spoon into
- dessert dishes; top with sherbet. Yield: 10 servings.
Nutritional Facts: One serving (1/2 cup fruit with 1/4 cup sherbet) equals 122 calories, 1 g fat (trace saturated fat), 2 mg cholesterol, 20 mg sodium, 28 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 1 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 starch, 1 fruit.