When I was growing up , this slushy dessert was a popular request at our house, and Mom stirred it up in no time. Loaded with grape flavor, frosty servings are perfect for entertaining.
6 ServingsPrep: 15 min. + freezing
- 3-1/2 cups water
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 can (12 ounces) frozen grape juice concentrate, thawed
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- In a microwave-safe bowl, combine water and sugar. Cover and
- microwave on high for 30-90 seconds; stir until sugar is dissolved.
- Stir in grape juice concentrate and lemon juice. Pour into a
- 1-1/2-qt. freezer container. Cover and freeze for at least 12 hours,
- stirring several times. May be frozen for up to 3 months. Just
- before serving, break apart with a large spoon. Yield: 6
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1/2 cup) equals 199 calories, trace fat (trace saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 4 mg sodium, 50 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, trace protein.