Grape Broccoli Salad
This tempting toss-up of vegetables, fruit and a sweet tangy dressing is a tasty alternative to pasta salads. "My sister's husband needs to watch what he eats, so she's a great source of healthy recipes like this one," says Peggy Cathey of McKinney, Texas.
3 ServingsPrep: 10 min. + chilling
- 1 cup fresh broccoli florets
- 3/4 cup halved seedless red grapes
- 1/3 cup chopped celery
- 1/3 cup chopped green onions
- 1/3 cup sliced water chestnuts
- 1/4 cup raisins
- 1/2 cup fat-free plain yogurt
- 2 tablespoons reduced-fat mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon honey
- In a large bowl, combine the broccoli, grapes, celery, onions, water
- chestnuts and raisins. In a small bowl, combine the yogurt,
- mayonnaise and honey. Pour over broccoli mixture and toss to coat.
- Cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour before serving. Yield: 3
Nutritional Facts: One serving (1 cup) equals 129 calories, 4 g fat (0 saturated fat), 4 mg cholesterol, 127 mg sodium, 24 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 3 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 fruit, 1/2 starch, 1/2 fat.