Grape 'n' Pear Tossed Salad Recipe
- 1/2 cup reduced-fat plain yogurt
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened apple juice
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 6 cups torn mixed salad greens
- 1/2 cup halved seedless red grapes
- 1 small pear, cubed
- 2 tablespoons coarsely chopped pecans, toasted
- 2 tablespoons sliced green onion
- 1. For dressing, combine the yogurt, apple juice and sugar in a small bowl. Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour. In a large salad bowl, combine the greens, grapes, pear, pecans and onion; add dressing and toss to coat. Yield: 4 servings.
1-1/2 cups equals 104 calories, 4 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 2 mg cholesterol, 43 mg sodium, 17 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 4 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1/2 starch, 1/2 fruit, 1/2 fat.