Granola Yogurt Parfaits Recipe
I love this recipe because the granola and flavored yogurt can be made the day before. The next morning, just roll out of bed and assemble the parfaits in pretty glasses!—Laureen Pittman, Riverside, California
- 4 cups (32 ounces) plain yogurt
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1-1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 4 teaspoons grated orange peel
- 1-1/2 cups old-fashioned oats
- 3/4 cup chopped walnuts
- 3 tablespoons dark brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup dried cranberries
- 1. Line a strainer with four layers of cheesecloth or one coffee filter and place over a large bowl. Place yogurt in prepared strainer; cover yogurt with edges of cheesecloth. Refrigerate for 8 hours or overnight.
- 2. Remove yogurt from cheesecloth and discard liquid from bowl. In another bowl, combine the yogurt, orange juice, honey, vanilla and orange peel. Cover and refrigerate until serving.
- 3. For granola, in a large bowl, combine oats and walnuts. Combine the brown sugar, honey, oil, vanilla and salt; pour over oat mixture and toss to coat. Transfer to a greased 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan.
- 4. Bake at 300° for 25-30 minutes or until golden brown, stirring twice. Cool on a wire rack. Transfer to a large bowl; stir in cranberries. Store in an airtight container.
- 5. To serve, alternate layers of yogurt and granola in six parfait glasses. Yield: 6 servings.
2/3 cup granola with 1/3 cup yogurt equals 470 calories, 20 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 21 mg cholesterol, 178 mg sodium, 65 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 13 g protein.
Reviews for Granola Yogurt Parfaits
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC