- 4 cups (32 ounces) plain yogurt
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1-1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 4 teaspoons grated orange peel
- 1-1/2 cups old-fashioned oats
- 3/4 cup chopped walnuts
- 3 tablespoons dark brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup dried cranberries
- Line a strainer with four layers of cheesecloth or one coffee filter and place over a large bowl. Place yogurt in prepared strainer; cover yogurt with edges of cheesecloth. Refrigerate for 8 hours or overnight.
- Remove yogurt from cheesecloth and discard liquid from bowl. In another bowl, combine the yogurt, orange juice, honey, vanilla and orange peel. Cover and refrigerate until serving.
- For granola, in a large bowl, combine oats and walnuts. Combine the brown sugar, honey, oil, vanilla and salt; pour over oat mixture and toss to coat. Transfer to a greased 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan.
- Bake at 300° for 25-30 minutes or until golden brown, stirring twice. Cool on a wire rack. Transfer to a large bowl; stir in cranberries. Store in an airtight container.
- To serve, alternate layers of yogurt and granola in six parfait glasses. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Granola Yogurt Parfaits in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2008, p145
Reviews for Granola Yogurt Parfaits
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review