Granola with Apricots and Ginger Recipe
- 4 cups old-fashioned oats
- 1-1/2 cups unblanched almonds
- 1 cup sunflower kernels
- 1/2 cup flaxseed
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup chopped dried apricots
- 1/2 cup crystallized ginger, finely chopped
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the first seven ingredients; set aside. In a small saucepan, combine oil and honey. Cook and stir over medium heat for 2-3 minutes or until heated through. Remove from the heat; stir in vanilla. Pour over oat mixture and toss to coat.
- 2. Transfer to a greased 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan. Bake at 300° for 40-45 minutes or until golden brown, stirring every 10 minutes. Cool on a wire rack. Add apricots and ginger. Store in an airtight container. Yield: 8 cups.
1/2 cup equals 348 calories, 18 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 127 mg sodium, 42 g carbohydrate, 6 g fiber, 9 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC