Granola Wheat Bread Recipe
Whole wheat flour and granola add wholesome goodness to this moist bread. "With its not-too-sweet, it's nice topped with jam, jelly, cream cheese or honey butter for breakfast," reports Star Pooley of Paradise, California.
- 1 cup water (70° to 80°)
- 2/3 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1 tablespoon butter, softened
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 2-1/4 cups whole wheat flour
- 1-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup granola without raisins
- 1/3 cup nonfat dry milk powder
- 4 teaspoons brown sugar
- 3/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1-1/2 teaspoons active dry yeast
- 1. In bread machine pan, place all ingredients in order suggested by manufacturer. Select basic bread setting. Choose crust color and loaf size if available. Bake according to bread machine directions (check dough after 5 minutes of mixing; add 1 to 2 tablespoons of water or flour if needed). Yield: 1 loaf (2 pounds).
1 serving (1 slice) equals 139 calories, 2 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 2 mg cholesterol, 135 mg sodium, 27 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 5 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC