Granola Wheat Bread
Whole wheat flour and granola add wholesome goodness to this moist bread. "With its not-too-sweet, it's nice topped with jam, jelly, cream cheese or honey butter for breakfast," reports Star Pooley of Paradise, California.
16 ServingsPrep: 10 min. Bake: 3-4 hours
- 1 cup water (70° to 80°)
- 2/3 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1 tablespoon butter, softened
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 2-1/4 cups whole wheat flour
- 1-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup granola without raisins
- 1/3 cup nonfat dry milk powder
- 4 teaspoons brown sugar
- 3/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1-1/2 teaspoons active dry yeast
- In bread machine pan, place all ingredients in order suggested by
- manufacturer. Select basic bread setting. Choose crust color and
- loaf size if available. Bake according to bread machine directions
- (check dough after 5 minutes of mixing; add 1 to 2 tablespoons of
- water or flour if needed). Yield: 1 loaf (2 pounds).
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 slice) equals 139 calories, 2 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 2 mg cholesterol, 135 mg sodium, 27 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 5 g protein.