Granola Wheat Bread Recipe
Whole wheat flour and granola add wholesome goodness to this moist bread. "With its not-too-sweet, it's nice topped with jam, jelly, cream cheese or honey butter for breakfast," reports Star Pooley of Paradise, California.
- 1 cup water (70° to 80°)
- 2/3 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1 tablespoon butter, softened
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 2-1/4 cups whole wheat flour
- 1-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup granola without raisins
- 1/3 cup nonfat dry milk powder
- 4 teaspoons brown sugar
- 3/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1-1/2 teaspoons active dry yeast
- In bread machine pan, place all ingredients in order suggested by manufacturer. Select basic bread setting. Choose crust color and loaf size if available. Bake according to bread machine directions (check dough after 5 minutes of mixing; add 1 to 2 tablespoons of water or flour if needed). Yield: 1 loaf (2 pounds).
Originally published as Granola Wheat Bread in Quick Cooking November/December 2002, p34
Reviews for Granola Wheat Bread(0)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review