Granola-Topped Pear Crisp Recipe
"Lots of crunchy topping and just the right amount of sweetness make this a delicious dish. With fruit and granola, it's perfect for brunch or breakfast!" -Pat Habiger of Spearville, Kansas
- 4 medium pears, peeled and thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1/2 cup peach preserves, warmed
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 3/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 3 tablespoons cold butter
- 1 cup granola with fruit and nuts
- 1. Place pears in a large bowl; sprinkle with cornstarch and toss to coat. Gently stir in preserves just until combined. Transfer to an 11-in. x 7-in. baking dish coated with cooking spray.
- 2. For topping, in a small bowl, combine the flour, sugar, cinnamon, salt and nutmeg. Cut in butter until crumbly; stir in granola. Sprinkle over fruit mixture.
- 3. Bake at 375° for 25-30 minutes or until topping is golden brown and fruit is tender. Serve warm. Yield: 8 servings.
1 serving equals 244 calories, 7 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 11 mg cholesterol, 132 mg sodium, 46 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 2 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC