- 4 medium pears, peeled and thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1/2 cup peach preserves, warmed
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 3/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 3 tablespoons cold butter
- 1 cup granola with fruit and nuts
- Place pears in a large bowl; sprinkle with cornstarch and toss to coat. Gently stir in preserves just until combined. Transfer to an 11-in. x 7-in. baking dish coated with cooking spray.
- For topping, in a small bowl, combine the flour, sugar, cinnamon, salt and nutmeg. Cut in butter until crumbly; stir in granola. Sprinkle over fruit mixture.
- Bake at 375° for 25-30 minutes or until topping is golden brown and fruit is tender. Serve warm. Yield: 8 servings.
Reviews for Granola-Topped Pear Crisp
Sort By :
I served this at Sunday dinner with my in-laws. Everyone enjoyed the difference from an apple crisp; the lightness of the pears. I doubled the recipe and should have baked it a bit long but the flavor was great. I cut the pears thicker rather than thin since they are already a soft fruit.
I have never seen pears used in a crisp berfore so that enticed me to try this recipe. I made the following changes: used reduced sugar apricor preserves (peach not available in our market), 5 pears instead of 4, and Splenda brown sugar in place of the sugar. All substitutions were gread. When I make it again I will also add 2 TSP lemon juice to the pears to bring out the flavor. This would be a great recipe with peaches also.
Excellent taste and easy to make.
Well I kind of made it. Found peach perserves at the store, but when I got home found I had in error picked up apricot, so used it instead. I had some whole rolled oats and shaved almonds and golden raisins all of which together I used in place of the fruit & nut granola. We liked it a lot. It did need a little more butter and about 10 additional minutes to get my topping to crisp up.
More Recipe Collections
- Comfort Food Desserts >
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Crisp Topping >
- Crisps >
- Crisps & Cobblers >
- Desserts >
- Healthy Cooking Desserts >
- Healthy Desserts >
- Healthy Recipes >
- Low Fat Dessert Recipes >
- Low Fat Recipes >
- Low Sodium Desserts >