"Lots of crunchy topping and just the right amount of sweetness make this a delicious dish. With fruit and granola, it's perfect for brunch or breakfast!" -Pat Habiger of Spearville, Kansas
- 4 medium pears, peeled and thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1/2 cup peach preserves, warmed
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 3/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 3 tablespoons cold butter
- 1 cup granola with fruit and nuts
- Place pears in a large bowl; sprinkle with cornstarch and toss to coat. Gently stir in preserves just until combined. Transfer to an 11-in. x 7-in. baking dish coated with cooking spray.
- For topping, in a small bowl, combine the flour, sugar, cinnamon, salt and nutmeg. Cut in butter until crumbly; stir in granola. Sprinkle over fruit mixture.
- Bake at 375° for 25-30 minutes or until topping is golden brown and fruit is tender. Serve warm. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Granola-Topped Pear Crisp in Light & Tasty June/July 2007, p43
Reviews for Granola-Topped Pear Crisp
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review