Granola-To-Go Bars Recipe
This grab & go goodie makes a hearty snack for a long day out. Chewy and sweet, these fruity bars that will have you craving more! —Sally Haen, Menomonee Falls, Wisconsin
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 30 min. Bake: 15 min. + cooling YIELD:36 servings
- 3-1/2 cups quick-cooking oats
- 1 cup chopped almonds
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 2/3 cup butter, melted
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup sunflower kernels
- 1/2 cup flaked coconut
- 1/2 cup chopped dried apples
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1. Preheat oven to 350°. Combine oats and almonds in a 15x10x1-in. baking pan coated with cooking spray. Bake 15 minutes or until toasted, stirring occasionally.
- 2. In a large bowl, combine egg, butter, honey and vanilla. Stir in sunflower kernels, coconut, apples, cranberries, brown sugar and cinnamon. Stir in oat mixture.
- 3. Firmly press into a 15x10x1-in. baking pan coated with cooking spray. Bake 13-18 minutes or until set and edges are lightly browned. Cool on a wire rack. Cut into bars. Store in an airtight container. Yield: 3 dozen.
1 bar equals 130 calories, 7 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 15 mg cholesterol, 40 mg sodium, 16 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 2 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC