This grab & go goodie makes a hearty snack for a long day out. Chewy and sweet, these fruity bars that will have you craving more! —Sally Haen, Menomonee Falls, Wisconsin
- 3-1/2 cups quick-cooking oats
- 1 cup chopped almonds
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 2/3 cup butter, melted
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup sunflower kernels
- 1/2 cup flaked coconut
- 1/2 cup chopped dried apples
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 350°. Combine oats and almonds in a 15x10x1-in. baking pan coated with cooking spray. Bake 15 minutes or until toasted, stirring occasionally.
- In a large bowl, combine egg, butter, honey and vanilla. Stir in sunflower kernels, coconut, apples, cranberries, brown sugar and cinnamon. Stir in oat mixture.
- Firmly press into a 15x10x1-in. baking pan coated with cooking spray. Bake 13-18 minutes or until set and edges are lightly browned. Cool on a wire rack. Cut into bars. Store in an airtight container. Yield: 3 dozen.
Originally published as Granola-To-Go Bars in Taste of Home October/November 2010, p64
Reviews for Granola-To-Go Bars
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review