- 1 can (15 ounces) sliced peaches
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons cold butter
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 cup granola without raisins
- Drain peaches, reserving 1/2 cup syrup (discard remaining syrup or save for another use). Chop peaches; set aside.
- In a bowl, combine the flour, sugar, baking powder, cloves and salt. Cut in butter until the mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Stir in eggs and reserved syrup. Fold in granola and peaches.
- Pour into a greased 9-in. x 5-in. loaf pan. Bake at 350° for 60-65 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack. Yield: 1 loaf (16 slices).
Originally published as Granola Peach Bread in Quick Cooking July/August 2002, p55
Reviews for Granola Peach Bread
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review