Granola Fruit Bars Recipe
"My family prefers these chewy wholesome bars to store-bought granola bars," says Kim Finup of Kalamazoo, Michigan. "They combine two popular flavors—apple and peanut butter—and make a great grab-and-go breakfast or anytime snack."
- 1/2 cup chopped dried apples
- 1/3 cup honey
- 1/4 cup raisins
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1/3 cup reduced-fat peanut butter
- 1/4 cup apple butter
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 cup old-fashioned oats
- 1/3 cup honey crunch or toasted wheat germ
- 1/4 cup chopped pecans
- 2-1/2 cups cornflakes
- 1. In a large saucepan, combine the apples, honey, raisins and brown sugar. Bring to a boil over medium heat, stirring often. Cook and stir 1 minute longer. Remove from the heat; stir in peanut butter until melted.
- 2. Add apple butter and cinnamon. Stir in the oats, wheat germ and pecans. Fold in cornflakes. Press firmly into an 8-in. square pan coated with cooking spray. Refrigerate for 1 hour or until set. Cut into bars. Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator. Yield: 8 servings.
1 each: 239 calories, 7g fat (1g saturated fat), 0mg cholesterol, 160mg sodium, 42g carbohydrate (0g sugars, 3g fiber), 6g protein Diabetic Exchanges:1 starch, 2 fruit, 1 fat
Reviews for Granola Fruit Bars
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC