- 1/2 cup chopped dried apples
- 1/3 cup honey
- 1/4 cup raisins
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1/3 cup reduced-fat peanut butter
- 1/4 cup apple butter
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 cup old-fashioned oats
- 1/3 cup honey crunch or toasted wheat germ
- 1/4 cup chopped pecans
- 2-1/2 cups cornflakes
- In a large saucepan, combine the apples, honey, raisins and brown sugar. Bring to a boil over medium heat, stirring often. Cook and stir 1 minute longer. Remove from the heat; stir in peanut butter until melted.
- Add apple butter and cinnamon. Stir in the oats, wheat germ and pecans. Fold in cornflakes. Press firmly into an 8-in. square pan coated with cooking spray. Refrigerate for 1 hour or until set. Cut into bars. Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Granola Fruit Bars in Light & Tasty October/November 2002, p12
Reviews for Granola Fruit Bars
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review