Granola Cookie Bars Recipe
My wife and I love to experiment with new recipes. These oat-based bars are chock-full of tasty ingredients like chocolate chips, coconut and raisins.—Brian Fox, Fergus Falls, Minnesota
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1-1/2 cups sugar
- 1-1/2 cups packed brown sugar
- 4 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon water
- 4 cups old-fashioned oats
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 2 cups semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup flaked coconut
- 1 cup raisins
- 1. In a large bowl, cream butter and sugars until light and fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each. Beat in vanilla and water. Combine the oats, flour and salt; gradually add to the creamed mixture. Stir in chocolate chips, coconut and raisins.
- 2. Press into a greased 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan. Bake at 350° for 22-27 minutes or until golden brown. Cool on a wire rack. Cut into bars. Yield: 4 dozen.
1 serving (1 each) equals 179 calories, 6 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 23 mg cholesterol, 132 mg sodium, 31 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 3 g protein.
Reviews for Granola Cookie Bars
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC