My wife and I love to experiment with new recipes. These oat-based bars are chock-full of tasty ingredients like chocolate chips, coconut and raisins.—Brian Fox, Fergus Falls, Minnesota
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1-1/2 cups sugar
- 1-1/2 cups packed brown sugar
- 4 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon water
- 4 cups old-fashioned oats
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 2 cups semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup flaked coconut
- 1 cup raisins
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugars until light and fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each. Beat in vanilla and water. Combine the oats, flour and salt; gradually add to the creamed mixture. Stir in chocolate chips, coconut and raisins.
- Press into a greased 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan. Bake at 350° for 22-27 minutes or until golden brown. Cool on a wire rack. Cut into bars. Yield: 4 dozen.
Originally published as Granola Cookie Bars in Taste of Home February/March 2002, p53
Reviews for Granola Cookie Bars
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review