Granola Cereal Bars Recipe
These sweet peanut butter bars are perfect for breakfast, dessert or an anytime snack. You can add raisins instead of chocolate chips if you prefer. —Helen Velichko of Kansas City, Missouri
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1/4 cup light corn syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups old-fashioned oats
- 1-1/2 cups crisp rice cereal
- 1/4 cup miniature chocolate chips
- 1. In a microwave-safe bowl, combine the brown sugar, peanut butter and corn syrup; cover and microwave on high for 2 minutes or until mixture comes to a boil, stirring once. Stir in the vanilla; add oats and cereal. Fold in chocolate chips. Press into a 9-in. square pan coated with cooking spray. Cool and cut into bars. Yield: 1 dozen.
1 bar equals 199 calories, 7 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 88 mg sodium, 31 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 5 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 starch, 1 fat.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC