- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1/4 cup light corn syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups old-fashioned oats
- 1-1/2 cups crisp rice cereal
- 1/4 cup miniature chocolate chips
- In a microwave-safe bowl, combine the brown sugar, peanut butter and corn syrup; cover and microwave on high for 2 minutes or until mixture comes to a boil, stirring once. Stir in the vanilla; add oats and cereal. Fold in chocolate chips. Press into a 9-in. square pan coated with cooking spray. Cool and cut into bars. Yield: 1 dozen.
Reviews for Granola Cereal Bars
Sort By :
"5 stars with some changes. I had trouble getting this recipe to set and also wanted add more protein so I made some changes. I make it about every week because cereal bars are my breakfast of choice. Here is the revision:2 cups old-fashioned oats2 cups Kashi Go Lean cereal (with fiber twigs, soy protein grahams, and honey puff cereal) 1/4 cup chopped nuts (your choice)1/4 cup packed brown sugar1/2 cup creamy peanut butter1/4 cup honey1 cup miniature marshmallows1 teaspoon vanilla extractDirections Mix cereal, oats and nuts in large mixing bowl and set aside. In a microwave-safe bowl, combine the brown sugar, peanut butter, marshmallows and honey; microwave on high for 1 1/2 minutes stirring every 30 seconds. Stir in the vanilla; fold hot mixture into cereal. Press into a 9-in. square pan coated with cooking spray. Cool and cut into bars."
"These bars were okay. They were sweet and crunchy, but didn't have any distinct flavor."
"Had no problems with these hardening whatsoever! My husband thinks they're just glorified cereal bars, but my sons love them. Will make again."
"I could not get these bars to harden. They seemed very dry so I added more of the peanut butter & corn syrup mixture but still did not work well."