Granola Blueberry Muffins Recipe
I wanted to put a new spin on muffins, so I mixed in some granola. I brought a batch to work the next morning—success. The granola I used contained lots of nuts, pumpkin seeds and shredded coconut. —Megan Weiss, Menomonie, Wisconsin
- 1-1/2 cups whole wheat flour
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup granola without raisins, divided
- 1 egg
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 2 tablespoons orange juice
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 cup fresh or frozen unsweetened blueberries
- 1. Preheat oven to 400°. In a small bowl, whisk flours, brown sugar, baking powder, salt and baking soda. Stir in 1/2 cup granola. In another bowl, whisk egg, buttermilk, oil and juices until blended. Add to flour mixture; stir just until moistened. Fold in blueberries.
- 2. Fill greased muffin cups three-fourths full; sprinkle remaining granola over batter. Bake 12-15 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool 5 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack. Yield: 1 dozen.
1 muffin equals 188 calories, 7 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 18 mg cholesterol, 251 mg sodium, 28 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 6 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 starch, 1 fat.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC