Granola Blueberry Muffins Recipe
- 1-1/2 cups whole wheat flour
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup granola without raisins, divided
- 1 large egg
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 2 tablespoons orange juice
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 cup fresh or frozen unsweetened blueberries
- 1. Preheat oven to 400°. In a small bowl, whisk flours, brown sugar, baking powder, salt and baking soda. Stir in 1/2 cup granola. In another bowl, whisk egg, buttermilk, oil and juices until blended. Add to flour mixture; stir just until moistened. Fold in blueberries.
Fill greased muffin cups three-fourths full; sprinkle remaining granola over batter. Bake 12-15 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool 5 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack.
Freeze option: Freeze cooled muffins in resealable plastic freezer bags. To use, thaw at room temperature or, if desired, microwave each muffin on high for 20-30 seconds or until heated through. Yield: 1 dozen.
1 muffin: 188 calories, 7g fat (1g saturated fat), 18mg cholesterol, 251mg sodium, 28g carbohydrate (8g sugars, 4g fiber), 6g protein Diabetic Exchanges:2 starch, 1 fat
Reviews for Granola Blueberry Muffins
"Delicious. Am going to try next batch using honey"
"Sounds great, I'll try it New Year day. Thanks"