Granola Blueberry Muffins Recipe
- 1-1/2 cups whole wheat flour
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup granola without raisins, divided
- 1 large egg
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 2 tablespoons orange juice
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 cup fresh or frozen unsweetened blueberries
- 1. Preheat oven to 400°. In a small bowl, whisk flours, brown sugar, baking powder, salt and baking soda. Stir in 1/2 cup granola. In another bowl, whisk egg, buttermilk, oil and juices until blended. Add to flour mixture; stir just until moistened. Fold in blueberries.
Fill 12 greased muffin cups three-fourths full; sprinkle remaining granola over batter. Bake 12-15 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool 5 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack.
Freeze option: Freeze cooled muffins in resealable plastic freezer bags. To use, thaw at room temperature or, if desired, microwave each muffin on high for 20-30 seconds or until heated through. Yield: 1 dozen.
1 muffin: 188 calories, 7g fat (1g saturated fat), 18mg cholesterol, 251mg sodium, 28g carbohydrate (8g sugars, 4g fiber), 6g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 starch, 1 fat.
Reviews for Granola Blueberry Muffins
"In general, these muffins were very easy to make with semi unique ingredients such as granola, orange juice and lemon juice, but not so different that they aren't common to have. They rose nicely, had a moist texture but really needed more sugar. In the future, I would probably add another 1/4 cup of granulated sugar."
"These muffins need SUGAR! They were like eating bread. They are not very good at all and my husband won't eat them."
"Delicious. Am going to try next batch using honey"
"Sounds great, I'll try it New Year day. Thanks"