I wanted to put a new spin on muffins, so I mixed in some granola. I brought a batch to work the next morning—success. The granola I used contained lots of nuts, pumpkin seeds and shredded coconut. —Megan Weiss, Menomonie, Wisconsin
- 1-1/2 cups whole wheat flour
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup granola without raisins, divided
- 1 egg
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 2 tablespoons orange juice
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 cup fresh or frozen unsweetened blueberries
- Preheat oven to 400°. In a small bowl, whisk flours, brown sugar, baking powder, salt and baking soda. Stir in 1/2 cup granola. In another bowl, whisk egg, buttermilk, oil and juices until blended. Add to flour mixture; stir just until moistened. Fold in blueberries.
Fill greased muffin cups three-fourths full; sprinkle remaining granola over batter. Bake 12-15 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool 5 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack.
Freeze option: Freeze cooled muffins in resealable plastic freezer bags. To use, thaw at room temperature or, if desired, microwave each muffin on high for 20-30 seconds or until heated through. Yield: 1 dozen.
Originally published as Granola Blueberry Muffins in Simple & Delicious April/May 2014
Reviews for Granola Blueberry Muffins
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Jul. 12, 2015
"Delicious. Am going to try next batch using honey"
Reviewed Dec. 29, 2014
"Sounds great, I'll try it New Year day. Thanks"