"A mix of taste good-for-you ingredients makes these chewy blond brownies impossible to pass up," says Janet Farley of Snellville, Georgia. "The granola adds crunch while dried fruit lends pleasing sweetness. I serve them to just about anybody who walks in our front door."
12 ServingsPrep: 15 min. Bake: 25 min.
- 1 Eggland's Best Egg
- 1 egg white
- 1-1/4 cups packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups reduced-fat granola with raisins
- 1 cup dried cranberries or cherries
- In a large bowl, beat the egg, egg white, brown sugar and oil until
- blended. Combine the flour, baking powder and salt; gradually stir
- into sugar mixture just until blended. Stir in granola and
- cranberries (batter will be thick).
- Spread into a 9-in. square baking pan coated with cooking spray. Bake
- at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until golden brown and set. Cool on
- a wire rack. Cut into bars. Yield: 1 dozen.
Nutritional Facts: One brownie equals 256 calories, 6 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 18 mg cholesterol, 173 mg sodium, 49 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 3 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 starch, 1/2 fat.