Granola Blondies Recipe
"A mix of taste good-for-you ingredients makes these chewy blond brownies impossible to pass up," says Janet Farley of Snellville, Georgia. "The granola adds crunch while dried fruit lends pleasing sweetness. I serve them to just about anybody who walks in our front door."
- 1 egg
- 1 egg white
- 1-1/4 cups packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups reduced-fat granola with raisins
- 1 cup dried cranberries or cherries
- In a large bowl, beat the egg, egg white, brown sugar and oil until blended. Combine the flour, baking powder and salt; gradually stir into sugar mixture just until blended. Stir in granola and cranberries (batter will be thick).
- Spread into a 9-in. square baking pan coated with cooking spray. Bake at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until golden brown and set. Cool on a wire rack. Cut into bars. Yield: 1 dozen.
Originally published as Granola Blondies in Light & Tasty October/November 2001, p66
Reviews for Granola Blondies
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Sep. 20, 2010
I have made these for years, ever since I first saw the recipe in taste of home, except I found them way too sweet, so I cut the brown sugar back to just 3/4 c and use cranberries for their tartness instead of cherries and they are to die for.